Friday, March 2, 2012

So Fresh So Clean

I am trying to embrace fresh beginnings, as I begin with a fun Outkast track from their studio album Stankonia.

That said, this post does not mark my initial foray into blogdom, but it is most definitely my first in this space christened 'Beauty In The Breakdown' - stolen from the tickling lyrics of the song Let Go by Frou Frou. My excuse for henceforth abbreviating references to my blog is that it is too long to type, and BITB sounds cool. I have always found joy in abbreviating long phrases, sometimes for the sake of convenience and often times to annoy my friends by playing 'guess-what-I-want-to-tell-you-and-waste-your-time' games.

Pretty Napkin - St Lawrence Church in Dinky Town , Minneapolis - Mar 2012

I am starting to realize that my sentences are either too long with multiple commas or too abrupt. It has been brought to my attention that I exhibit similar symptoms during verbal communication. While I like to attribute it to certain kind of literary style, I am aware that there are times when I narrate stories that not only amuse people but also confuse them. The latter can be frustrating for the listener especially when multiple stories are interwoven, and then the end result is , for lack of a better word, pointless. I giggle and then blink after my excitement of story-telling fades away. For those of you that know me personally, you can vouch for these traits. Several people, even acquaintances of a few hours, have labelled me lost, silent, mad and lo - creative. You know which one I'd pick. I know that I am by no means quiet as much as I am selectively talkative. I feel like this space is good for the monologues that I want refined and well thought of before being spewed out.

This is beginning to sound like a declaration to my non-existent audience but it is more like a note to self. I am going to make a conscious effort to not only channelize my thoughts but also be contemplative of targeting one thing at a time. I have learnt that minimalism is good for the soul and I am also a big fan of the KISS principle - Keep It Simple Stupid. Therefore, yeah.

Mr. Squirrel Stalker - Random park in London - Dec 2009

BITB - You will house my thoughts, experiments in the kitchen, photography, art & crafts, human computer interaction, funky science, advertisements and everything else under the umbrella of creationism. From time to time, I may also discuss matters concerning precious life, the environment, sustainability, meditation and the notion of kindness. My pets and other animals will feature as my stars of course. Selling factor, if you will.

I am going to try and avoid spewing any angst or rant here. I want this blog to be about beauty in the breakdown, remember?

And and and, before I forget, let me explicitly announce - All characters appearing in my posts are not necessarily fictitious. I will however guard your identity out of respect for your privacy and outwardly reputation as much as I hope you will respect mine.

I also say for the sake of completeness, any resemblance to real persons and furry creatures, living or dead, is not purely coincidental. Now that's an honest admission.

Like everything else in this blog, and in order to weave myself out of the liability trap, I shall also make an explicit claim that everything in my life is either temporary or imaginary.

If you repeat that last sentence enough number of times in your mind after me, you will realize that it is a self feeding paradox. If you don't understand even after trying or don't want to try, then you are thinking simple and I applaud you for it. I wish I could do that at times.


No comments:

Post a Comment