Saturday, April 14, 2012

Tum chalo toh apna desh chale

I am not sure what patriotism is all about. I have thought about it at length, and the end result is a mere string of emotions that is purely personal in nature. Many people have tried to define it, and like anything else that is a matter of perspective, patriotism is difficult to sketch. Being patriotic means different things to different people, so I am a little wary of my own attempt at articulating it. Joy, truth, war, hatred, forgiveness and love fall into a similar category of hard-to-describe words.

So today, I will simply re-iterate a couple of lines from Prasoon Joshi's recent poetry - they tug at me and remind me of my love for India. My saving grace is that songs have a way of allowing for open interpretation.

... Tere ishq ka ye junoon hai,
Rag rag mein ishq tera daudta
Yeh bawra sa khoon hai.
~ From Satyamev Jayate's Theme Song



Yeh woh bandan hai jo tooth nahee sakta ...



Home is where the heart is - #UniteBahrain
Can we start over Bahrain?

No comments:

Post a Comment