Saturday, May 12, 2012

Of Life's Little Faith


I suggest that you listen to Do You Believe as you read what follows..

I learned very early in life to place trust deeper than necessary in people, in outcomes, in hope, in expecting more truth than lies. To open my mind as much as possible towards all-round reality - in the innate beauty of the earth and its inhabitants. 
  
Now it might be a good time to also announce that I have had several unfortunate experiences along the way. But not enough to squash my view that there is always some scope for a little bit of niceness even in an ugly situation. The scorecard is still tilting in right direction so I have no reason to change my outlook too much.

The modus operandi is quite straightforward - Offer enough faith, or slightly more than is expected, at the nascent stages of the interaction. With this kind of optimistic approach, what happens is that people are a little taken aback with the open trust and forthright good treatment. Most of the time, the result of this experiment is amazing and unexpected. Not knowing how else to react, people reciprocate in similar ways after trudging over that hill of skepticism. 

My mother ,who taught me many beautiful things, also taught me about faith- the kind of faith that would potentially be perceived as naive. However, what is deemed as weakness is more like uncanny strength to me.

My experiences have made me incredibly cynical over the years, but I try and clamber onto these roots of faith whenever I am reminded of her. Tomorrow several people will extend more love to their mothers. I am not sure I'll do anything overtly special for her. This year I choose to thank her for showing me through her own life how to not give up on my belief in goodness. No matter what.

Post certain events of the recent few months, I was moved to think that all this positivism isn't worth it when reality is so grim. But I learned soon later that I was wrong. Yin-yang much. 
Tiny edit : And I enjoyed a tender moment last night :) 

So this is a rather morbid track, but I love it for its soul.

Key in the door, the moment I've been longing for
Before my bag hit the floor
My adorable children rush up screaming for a kiss,
and a story, they're a gift to this world
My only claim to glory
I surely never knew sweeter days
Blows my mind like munitions
I'm amazed.

2 comments: