Saturday, May 19, 2012

Rhetorical Questions Are Allowed

If I whispered my secrets in your ear, 
Would you embrace me soon afterward?

If I played with your fingers when you gave me your hands,
Would you humor the child in me?


Stars in the waters ~ Minneapolis, Aug 2010


If I slept on the couch while watching a movie,
Would I magically find myself in bed by morning?

If I rested my head on your shoulder,
Would you play with my hair so I remember no reality?


Pinks in the garden ~ Mangalore, June 2009

If I played our favorite song on the piano,
Would you hum to complete the tune?

If I slipped into momentary recklessness,
Would you be patient until I returned?


Prayers and Candles ~ Bethlehem, Dec 2007


If I retreated to a gorgeous mountain,
Would you be there relishing the magnanimity with me?

If I looked at you in a moment of tenderness,
Would you let me gently braze your neck when I passed by?


Ella chasing sparrows ~ Nov 2011

If I wanted to waltz on the street,
Would you negate the need for any music?

If I already knew the answers to my questions,
Would I still be here?

Yes. Always yes.

Picture Of The Sun ~ Stella Stagecoach

No comments:

Post a Comment